Effective today, April 9, 2020, the CDC announced revisions to its Interim Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines for Dentists during COVID-19.
Revisions include the following:
- Description of risk to dental health care personnel (DHCP)1 when providing emergency care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recommendations for contacting patients prior to emergency dental care.
- Recommendations for providing emergency dental care to non-COVID-19 patients including engineering controls, work practices and infection control considerations.
- Potential exposure guidance.
- Contingency and crisis planning.
Please visit the CDC website directly for details and how these revisions pertain to you.