Want to know more about dental marketing?
Our team is eager to answer your questions about marketing your dental practice. Reach out and let us know what you’re wondering about, or start here with answers to our FAQs.
Paid Search (PPC)
$1,500 per month is a good starting budget for general dentistry campaigns and keywords – this does not include dental implant terms.
Dental implant keywords are more competitive and cost more. Therefore, we recommend a budget of $2,000 a month for this type of campaign.
11 a.m. – 1 p.m continues to be the highest converting time of the day.
Medicaid keywords can be negated to ensure your ad does not appear when users search using the term Medicaid. However, if the user searches “dentist near me,” you may still receive calls from Medicaid patients.
According to Google Trends there is evidence of varying seasonal activity on specific dental keyword searches during particular times of the year.
No, Google does not allow dentists to advertise Botox. The best solution would be to use Facebook Ads.
Facebook and Google are two separate platforms with two different marketing objectives. Both platforms are valuable marketing tools to help you obtain new patients.
- Facebook Ads are used for brand awareness, and to advertise specials and promotions.
- Google Ads are used when the search intent is to find a new dentist.
Dental SEO marketing is a form of online marketing that utilizes search engine optimization (SEO) to drive more organic traffic to a dental practice’s website. SEO for dentists focuses on optimizing content, website structure, and keyword research to target potential patients who are searching for dental related services. Dental SEO marketing can also involve creating local listings, building backlinks, and utilizing social media platforms to generate more visibility, which is why a well-rounded marketing plan is imperative to your ultimate strategy.
Yes, dentists can benefit from SEO. SEO can help dentists reach potential patients, improve online visibility, and increase website traffic and conversions. SEO can also help dentists improve local rankings and reach more local customers.
- Increase Visibility: Dental SEO can help dental practices become more visible on search engine results pages (SERPs). This will help attract more potential patients to your website.
- Improve Website Traffic: SEO can help dental practices attract more organic website traffic. This means that people actively searching for dental services in your area will be more likely to find your website.
- Boost Brand Awareness: SEO can help dental practices build brand recognition. As more people become aware of your practice, they’ll be more likely to visit your website and contact you for an appointment.
- Increase Conversion Rate: SEO can help dental practices convert more website visitors into patients. This is because SEO ensures that your website is optimized for better user experience, which makes it easier for potential patients to find the information they need and contact you for an appointment.
Local SEO/Business Listings
Claim and verify your business listing on local directories: Start with Google, Yelp and Bing. Then research other applicable local directories. You also have access to a scan tool to get an idea of where your dental practice stands.
Yes, business listings such as Google Business Profile can have a positive impact on SEO. Business listings help to increase visibility, which can lead to increased traffic and more potential patients. Additionally, having a comprehensive and accurate local business listing can help boost your website’s search engine ranking. This is because search engine algorithms take into account the amount and quality of local citations and listings when determining a business’s relevance to a given search query.
Dentists should check for NAP accuracy on business listings at least once a month. This is important to ensure that the information listed is up to date and accurate, as incorrect or outdated NAP information can lead to customers being unable to find the practice, which can lead to lost customers and revenue. Additionally, incorrect NAP information can also affect local SEO rankings, which can further impede the practice’s ability to attract new patients.
- Reviews + reputation management is a key component to a comprehensive marketing plan. By monitoring your reviews, you will demonstrate an authentic brand online and gain valuable insight to your business and achieve your goals.
- Our proprietary software tracks reviews across the web. You may think you aren’t receiving reviews, but we find them in all corners of the internet.
- Our Review Specialist creates an ongoing review generation strategy to ensure you receive reviews to help you stay competitive with dentists in your area.
When a patient reviews your dental practice it allows others to learn more about you, your staff, office environment, and the quality of service you provide. Additional benefits include:
- Boosting your search engine rank and allowing potential patients to easily find you
- Fostering your brand’s reputation
- Helping you make better business decisions
- Increasing patient acquisition and retention to help you reach financial goals
- Enabling you to connect with online business communities
Negative reviews happen. In turn, they offer insight and give you an opportunity to reevaluate and make adjustments to your practice, staff and services. We advise our clients to treat every review the same, regardless of the star rating attached to it. If you receive a negative review, we will help you respond kindly and professionally (with patient confidentiality in mind) so you can turn that reviewer’s frown upsidedown.
We recommend focusing on generating a mix of first and third party online reviews.
- First party reviews are those generated on your website.
- Third party reviews are found on review sites such as Google, Facebook and Healthgrades. Google is by far the most popular online review platform.
Website Conversion Rate Optimization
Website Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) is a website optimization process that turns more website visitors into patients or leads. It helps to maximize the effectiveness of the site in terms of generating leads and ultimately improving the bottom line. Specifically for dental websites, CRO is used to improve the user experience, increase the time visitors spend on the site, and increase conversions. By optimizing your website for higher conversion rates, more patients can be engaged, resulting in more patients coming through your door.
Yes. Website visitors are guided by data-driven design techniques to take action by calling your office directly or completing an online form. Chat features are also available and considered an essential tool for dental websites.
Original team and dental office photos are important for website design. Professionally taken photos of your team, office, and services allows you to project the type of pubic image you want; to attract the type of patients that best fit your practice culture. Potential patients get an idea of who they will work with and the level of service they will receive. Stock images can be used for your website, but won’t have the same impact as original images.
Yes. SEO helps ensure that potential patients find your website when they search for a local dentist. By optimizing content for relevant keywords, the website can easily be discovered by search engines. SEO helps improve the user experience of your website and is vital for increasing patient conversions.
Blogs help to improve search engine rankings by increasing the quantity and quality of content related to a particular dental practice. Blogs share useful information to educate current and potential patients. Blogs provide an effective platform to highlight dental services, promote specials, and build brand identity.
This will depend on the goals of the dental practice and the content that will be published on the blog. However, for most businesses, it is generally recommended to post at least 1-2 times a week to maintain a consistent presence. Be sure that your blog posts are relevant, valuable and engaging for readers.