Coyne Dentistry Case Study
Coyne Dentistry is a thriving family practice serving the Dayton, Ohio and Kettering, Ohio communities. With their practice in operation for over forty years, Drs. Jonathan Coyne and Abigail Platt wanted a strong marketing plan that showcased their family-first office culture. Primary goals were attracting new patients within their target demographics of young families, young professionals and retired patients and targeting their local community with strategic, authentic advertising. At the core of their marketing needs was a deep love for their Dayton and Kettering community, a warm welcome for new and returning patients and uncompromised professionalism and kindness.
Coyne Dentistry approached our Whiteboard Marketing team with a desire to work alongside us as a marketing partner. They currently utilize our website, SEO, Local SEO, social media + reviews, paid advertising and Google My Business services. Here’s a closer look into our full-service approach to Coyne Dentistry’s community-focused, family-first practice and key digital marketing needs.
As a family-owned and operated practice, Coyne Dentistry wanted to:
- Distinguish their unique practice from corporate dental practices. Dr. Coyne and Dr. Platt asked our WM team to build an easy-to-navigate site that would increase new patients, highlight their professional team photos and showcase their friendly office culture.
- Showcase a clean, timeless site design featuring their brand colors of blue and white. Thanks to the trust built with our team, creating Coyne’s website was an excellent experience for the client and our web designers!
The Coyne Website Strategy Includes:
- Optimizing the website to increase new patients
- Showcasing practice culture through authentic, professional photos
- Strategically building a site attracting young families, young professionals and retired people interested in Coyne Dentistry’s Dental Benefit Plan
- Creating a user-friendly experience for all website visitors
- Incorporating Coyne Dentistry’s blue and white brand colors
- Copy focused on the values of professionalism, friendliness, cleanliness, trust and family
SEO, GMB And Local SEO Services
Reviews and easy online recognition were priorities for Coyne Dentistry. Our team of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Local SEO Specialists focused on building their online experience, expertise, authority, and trust (EEAT). Together, we created a website that appealed both to users and search engines like Google and Bing.
The Coyne SEO and Local SEO Strategy:
- Manually claiming and optimizing their Google Business Profile (GBP), Bing, Yelp and Healthgrades accounts to make sure all fields are filled out correctly and all information matches.
- Adding new, inviting photos to their GBP profile and answering questions in their GBP Knowledge Panel.
- Creating a location listing in Yext, a digital knowledge management platform. Yext then distributes this information across roughly 60 smaller, but still important, directories.
- Standard practice SEO updates such as writing unique, keyword-rich web content with specific Call-to-Actions (CTAs); fixing their site structure from flat to hierarchical; optimizing title tags, meta descriptions and H1 tags; adding internal links
- Name, Address and Phone Number (NAP) distributed across 67 local citations
- 64 current live listings
- Consistent, strong growth of their GMB listing showing up in search results, being viewed in the Search Engine Results Page (SERP) and being viewed in Google Maps from May 2020 to August 2021
- Direction requests doubling from May 2020 to June 2020 (40 requests in May 2020 to 81 requests in June 2020)
- Number of calls nearly tripling from May 2020 to June 2020 (106 calls in May 2020 to 282 calls in June 2020)
- A massive jump in goal completions and goal conversion rate in the three months following the site relaunch on August 12, 2020
Social And Reviews
While Coyne Dentistry used social media and organic imagery, they were looking for a clear posting and content strategy from our team. The Coyne family is very active in the Dayton area and wanted to use their social media as a space to interact digitally with friends, patients and neighbors.
Our WM team crafted a strategy that easily demonstrated their family-friendly atmosphere and utilized organic images showing employees caring for patients. Part of our strategy included showcasing the consistent variety of five-star reviews that Coyne Dentistry receives each month on their social media channels.
The Coyne Social Media Strategy:
- A strategic boosting schedule that emphasizes seasonal services and procedures and demonstrates the family-friendly energy of the practice
- To do this, we targeted patients within a defined radius of the practice and met specific demographic details matching their current patient base.
- Professional photos of Dr. Coyne and his staff in action with patients and other team members
- Developing, cultivating and maintaining relationships with Coyne Dentistry’s office staff for easy, clear communication
- A monthly post standard of strong calls-to-action, designed testimonials, service overviews, dental tips and celebrations
- An intentional, step-by-step strategy to build a strong online Facebook and Google reviews presence
- To date, we have increased their patient reviews by 63.5%.
Social Media Results:
- On Facebook, 23% of page followers are age 35-44 which is within their ideal age group and targeted clientele of young families.
- Since Coyne Dentistry partnered with our WM team on May 7, 2020, the amount of page likes has doubled from 323 to 626.
- Prior to Coyne Dentistry partnering with us for their reviews and reputation management program, the office received an average of 3 new reviews per month. With our team at the helm, the office now receives an average of 15 reviews per month.
Online Reviews Results:
- Prior to partnering with Whiteboard Marketing, Coyne Dentistry had 145 reviews across the web. Today, Dr. Coyne and his team have seen a 63.5% increase in reviews with an average of 15 reviews per month, for a total of 400 total reviews across the web.
Google Advertising, also known as Google pay-per-click (PPC), is a highly effective way to show up on the front page of Google when prospective patients search for a new dentist. Our team’s PPC specialists make research-based decisions for their advertising strategies. We get Coyne Dentistry in front of targeted audiences in Dayton and Kettering to increase new patients.
During the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, Coyne Dentistry bravely remained open for general and emergency dentistry. They wanted to invest in Google Advertising during this time to reach patients in need of dental services. As a result, our team kept Coyne Dentistry at the top of Google’s Search Engine Results Page (SERP) — leading to their highest conversion numbers during peak pandemic!
The Coyne Google Advertising Strategy:
- Intensive keyword research in Coyne Dentistry’s targeted market, including using Google Trends to follow dental trends during specific times of the year
- Tri-weekly reviews of common searches and clicks for a cost-effective keyword strategy
- Adjusting bids to optimize accounts and out-bid local competitors for clicks
- Testing and researching Facebook pay-per-click advertisements to see what performs best
- Using organic imagery and sharp, to-the-point content for Facebook advertisements
- Highly specified advertising targeting Dayton, Ohio and Kettering, Ohio
- Coyne Dentistry’s Google pay-per-click statistics from May 2020 to August 2021.
Google Advertising Strategy:
- Coyne Dentistry’s most successful Facebook PPC advertisement. From May 2020 to August 2021, 115,114 people have seen Coyne Dentistry Facebook ads approximately 2.8 times for a total of 329,000 impressions and 3,046 clicks.
- 376 unique new callers since partnering with WM for PPC services in May 2020
- Between 250 to 300 raw leads per month (including both office calls and contact form submissions) from pay-per-click advertisements
- Up to 500 calls per month from new and returning patients
- High levels of success from demographic research and lookalike audiences from Facebook Pixel
- 35,000 impressions and 1,780 clicks from Google PPC from May 2020 to August 2021
When Our Clients Win, We Win
Our professional relationship with Coyne Dentistry is one of the strongest we have on our agency roster, thanks to the communication that exists between us. Coyne Dentistry is well-versed in how to get the most out of their Whiteboard Marketing investment. Thanks to the close working relationship we share, we craft strong marketing strategies each month that lead to new weekly, monthly and yearly triumphs.
When you work with our team, a cornerstone of your success is the partnership you develop with us. This requires trust between both parties that we’ll create the best product we can. When you communicate with us about your goals and desires, share organic photos with us and are willing to try new opportunities, we can deliver a rich, productive marketing experience.
Are you looking for a full-service practice dedicated to helping you attract, acquire and retain the patients you want? Meet your new marketing team. Call Whiteboard Marketing today at (614) 389-9167 or email us at [email protected].