Communication with your patients and the community is key to managing the impact COVID-19 is having on your practice.
First, if you are staying open for dental emergencies, please communicate that information, making it known wherever you see fit (website, social media, etc.). By continuing to provide emergency treatments, you are providing a vital service to patients in need of care. This is a community service that needs to be communicated and is in no way “capitalizing” on the situation.
While staying open, we recommend taking these steps to spread the word about your office protocol:
- Add a page on your website that communicates what is happening in your office. If you have editing access to this page, add dated updates to this page about your practice’s status.
- Change your homepage banner to communicate your availability.
Email – Your Patients & Referring Dentists
- Email your patients with a link to your COVID-19 webpage. Let them know you’re still available for emergencies and can answer any questions they may have.
- Email your referring dentists that you are available for emergencies. If you are a specialist, your general dentists will need to know you are available so they can refer to you.
- Post a message with your availability (emergencies only, closed completely, etc.) on your Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Boost this post to your entire community so you can reach people who are experiencing a dental emergency and need help.
- Update your Facebook cover image to reflect your COVID-19 policy.
- Run a Facebook PPC ad that focuses on emergency dental care.
Google My Business
- Post your availability on your practice’s Google My Business page.
- Considering adding “special hours” to reflect the times your office is available each day.
Google Pay-Per-Click Advertising
- For our clients who invest in Google PPC advertising, we have directed their advertising budget to target people searching for emergency dental care online. We recommend doing this immediately.
- If you have a chat feature on your website, update your chat messaging to include your availability, safety measures, etc.
By now, we have already been in contact with each of you and have recommended these strategies, as well as implemented most, if not all, of them for you. As your partner throughout this difficult time, our entire Whiteboard Marketing team is available to answer your questions. Please don’t hesitate to call or email us at any time.