Your dental practice’s GMB profile helps patients find you when they search for a new “dentist near me.”
Your Google My Business (GMB) profile and local business listings account for more than 35% of Google’s “decision” to show your practice above or before another one. Even more importantly, 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information and 97% of all internet users search online to find (or learn more about) a business or dental practice. Your practice is considered a local business in Google’s eyes.
At Whiteboard Marketing, we focus on three key components of your Local SEO strategy:
- Your practice Google My Business profile
- Bing, Healthgrades and Yelp pages
- Local directory listings that are spread across the web (City Search, Garmin, InsiderPages, etc.)
Our team optimizes and manages your local search strategy to help you get found when patients search for a dentist in their area.
Your Google My Business profile helps you attract, acquire and retain the patients you want. Get Started.
Check Your Online Presence
Our Dental Practice Local Search + Google My Business Services
Your Practice Google My Business Profile
Your GMB profile is one of the most important assets you can use to help your practice show up when a patient searches for a dentist in their area. Google even tells businesses that claiming, optimizing and using their GMB profile will actually improve their local rankings. A “healthy, active” practice GMB profile verifies to Google that your business is legitimate and relevant, tells your prospective and current patients where you are located and directs them to your office, provides confirmative proof through Google reviews, and communicates to patients why they should choose your practice over a competitor down the street.
That’s why our team focuses on your GMB profile as the first priority of our Local SEO service.
- We first identify if your profile has been claimed. If not, we claim it for you with a Gmail account that you “own” so your profile always remains yours.
- Then, we optimize your practice profile by naming it according to Google’s guidelines, selecting the correct practice categories to help you show up during a search, and adding a tracking phone number, website URL, practice overview and images.
- We manage and maintain all of our clients’ GMB profiles through a special dashboard provided by Google so we are able to check your profile regularly, add new images, answer questions inside the knowledge panel, update holiday hours, make updates when Google suggests them, and set up any new features Google regularly adds.
- Additionally, if your GMB profile encounters a problem, we contact Google Support to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
Your Local Directory Listings, Bing, Yelp and Healthgrades Pages
Ensuring that your listings are accurate and optimized is a critical part of your online presence and searchability. Chances are you’ve changed locations, added a partner, experienced an employee’s retirement, etc. The goal of our Local SEO service is to clean up these key listings through a claiming process and to get all of your correct and accurate practice information on these directories for prospective patients and search engines to easily find.
- We “claim” and “clean up” your Healthgrades, Bing and Yelp pages and ensure all of your information matches your GMB profile.
- We also submit your practice information (matching what is listed on your GMB profile) to approximately 50 key directories so your information is consistent across the web.
- We regularly monitor your Healthgrades, Bing, and Yelp pages and Directory Listings to update them when needed or when your practice information has changed. For example, if you add a new associate to your practice or move to a new location, we update all of your listings to ensure Google has the correct information to help you show up when a patient searches for a new dentist.
Dental Practice Google My Business Resource Articles
Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business (GMB) profile is one of the most valuable components of your Local SEO strategy, and it’s free! The more information you provide about your business on Google, the more likely you are to reach potential … [continue reading]
Google My Business has added an “Accepted Insurances” section in knowledge panels for patients curious about dental practices’ insurance options.
While the feature has yet to become fully functional, it appears to pull insurance data from other sources across the … [continue reading]