About Whiteboard Marketing and Our Culture
Whiteboard Marketing is an independent marketing firm with a diverse clientele, ranging from small to medium-sized businesses. Our clients service multiple industries, including dentistry, healthcare, home improvement, assisted living, technology, and franchises. We believe in offering our clients completely personalized service, so they truly reap the benefits of an in-house marketing department. This means being responsive to clients’ needs and always putting them first. Our team is comprised of professionals who specialize in their fields, from website design to SEO and PPC to social media and more, so that we can all function as one incredible “marketing director” together.
We’re looking for a motivated and innovative WordPress Developer to join our marketing team. You will be responsible for both the front-end and back-end development, building websites with WordPress page builders and themes, and for updating/maintaining existing websites and plugins. Familiarization with page builders, SEO plugins, and graphic design are a plus.
The candidate should also have a strong understanding of industry trends and the WordPress content management system.
- Perform routine administration – add pages, menu items, and maintain content on WordPress Websites
- Create custom PHP based functionality for additional user personalization and notifications, as needed by the clients
- Work on custom data integrations through APIs and create a user-friendly presentation
- Provide installation and operational support for WordPress platform on Linux
- Execute projects using Agile methodology
- Perform device and multi-browser testing across multiple platforms
You Will Use the Following Program Languages:
- Programming Languages | PHP
- Web Technologies | WordPress, AJAX, Web-Services, NGINX
- Scripting Language | HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, Bootstrap, XML
- Databases | MySQL, SQL Server
- Minimum 2-year Associate’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience with PHP, WordPress.
- Experience developing websites
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design is required
- Able to excel in a fast paced environment
- Great communication and written skills
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is highly self-directed
- Can follow directions from the designer and deliver pixel-perfect finished results.
- Has expert knowledge of WordPress (Plugin / theme development / API / Configuration)
- Can easily incorporate all necessary HTML and CSS into WordPress themes, and templates
- Has strong PHP development skills
- Comfort working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and ramifications for consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git or SVN
- Attention to detail in coding standards and code formatting
- Experience with working with third-party APIs
- Experience with BitBucket, GitLab, or GitHub
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and keep up with industry trends
Your Work Will Consist Of:
- 75% Front End
- 25% Back End Daily Responsibilities
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Team Collaboration
- Salary will be dependent upon experience
- A 401k plan is offered with matching
- Health Insurance benefits are offered
Sound like a perfect job for you? To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Sheila@whiteboard-mktg.com. Please include desired compensation and links to previous websites you’ve built.