- BORN IN: Mount Vernon, Ohio
- COLLEGE: The Ohio State University
- CAREER HIGHLIGHTS: Pre-Med undergrad, Big Ten Volleyball
- FAVORITE MEMORY AS A KID: Just growing up on a farm, wide-open spaces, horses, huge garden, and not a care in the world. Being in Hawaii for six weeks every summer. We traveled the country for sports between my brother and me, and this certainly defined my childhood through college.
- IN MY SPARE TIME: I spend time coaching both of my kids in baseball, volleyball, and basketball. I just took up rowing and I am halfway through getting my private pilot’s license. And I am looking at cars any chance I get.
- MY GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT IS: My children, they save me every day regardless of how hard I try to mess them up. Watching them grow and helping them to become loving, responsible adults does feel like quite an accomplishment.
- FAVORITE FOODS: Hawaiian food, bone-in ribeye, sashimi, anything ridiculously hot.
- FAVORITE MOVIES: The Black Stallion, Vision Quest, Ford vs. Ferrari was gooood!!! The Shelby story is brilliant.
- FAVORITE BANDS: Hotel Eden, Gary Clark Jr., Allman Brothers, Leon Bridges, First Aid Kit, Bon Iver-too many.
- BEST CONCERT EVER ATTENDED: I have been to soooooo many concerts, and this may be cringe-worthy, but Justin Beiber was pretty great (first concert I took my daughter to, so that’s my excuse). Gary Clark Jr. is up there, 250 in the audience in Austin.
- SPECIAL TALENTS: I know how to play volleyball pretty good… 🙂 And I think I can make anyone laugh, that’s my special talent.
- A QUOTE I LOVE: “We are made to persist. That’s how we find out who we are.” -Tobias Wolff
- REALLY FUN FACT: There are 633 Kea’s in the US (last time I checked)