We are big supporters of campaign-based marketing. If you are going to make the investment in creating a special, an event or a service to offer for your business, we want you to get the best return. Essentially, we want you to leverage the heck out of it. The more times you strategically tell people about what you are doing through multiple channels with repeated messaging, the greater the likelihood that your clients will perform the action that you want. Yes, that was a long sentence for a reason. Strategic, creative redundancy works.
Building a campaign around your special, event or service will help you get the most out of it. It’s easy to do if you start thinking about your marketing with a campaign-based mentality.
You simply need to ask yourself, “What opportunities do I have to promote my special, event or service?”
These key digital campaign channels are all opportunities to get your message across:
- Social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, etc.) – organic posts
- Facebook events
- Facebook + Instagram Ads
- Google PPC
Once you identify the channels on which your company is active, you will need to decide when to post on each channel and what your message will be. To give you an example, one of our clients recently appeared on TV for an editorial segment on plastic surgery myths. We created a campaign to communicate his press coverage to his current and prospective patients. In essence, we turned a 2-minute TV interview into a multi-day, multi-channel marketing strategy to create brand awareness and attract patients.
This particular campaign included:
- A boosted, pre-interview social media post (with graphic) to reach both current and potential patients and encourage them to tune in.
- A pre-interview email blast to current patients with the same call to action as the post.
- A Facebook Live post during the interview at the station.
- An optimized YouTube video created from the Facebook Live video, which was also uploaded to the client’s website.
- A boosted, post-interview social media post to show both current and prospective patients the segment. And, because video on social means everything.
- A post-interview email blast to current patients with a link to the video to give them an opportunity to watch “in case they missed it.”
- A blog post created from the topics addressed in the interview, which was then posted to social media and included in the client’s next monthly newsletter.
While digital marketing should be an essential part of your campaign strategy, you can’t forget about good, old-fashioned traditional marketing too. Here are a few ways to include traditional marketing into your campaign-based marketing efforts:
- Make sure your employees know about the service, event or special you are promoting. Empower them with talking points to answer questions and encourage the “buy.”
- Consider creating half-sheet flyers to hand to clients who walk in the door prior to the big day.
- Put a sign at your front desk.
- Add promotion details to your waiting room screens, etc.
- Brainstorm other ways with your staff to communicate to your current clients, and then implement them!
If you want to get the most out of your marketing strategies, you must develop a campaign-based approach. Campaigns can help you build your brand more effectively while generating revenue for your business.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about how to build a campaign for your next special, event or service. We are here to help!