Adding Online Scheduling to Your Website Increases New Patient Opportunities
We added an online scheduling tool to Goochland Dentistry’s website in February of 2020 as a way to further modernize their patient experience. In one year, that tool garnered 53 total appointments for the practice – and 29 new patients!
Overall, adding an online scheduling feature to their website yielded an average of 2.5 new patients per month.
Check out our blog to learn how an online scheduling tool can grow your patient base.
February: Google My Business Launches “Accepted Insurances” Feature
Google My Business has added an “Accepted Insurances” section in knowledge panels for patients curious about dental practices’ insurance options.
While the feature has yet to become fully functional, it appears to pull insurance data from other sources across the web.
Patients are always looking for easier ways to learn more about you and if your practice is the best fit for them. It is important to utilize all the features of your Google My Business, such as this one, to provide them with answers.
This update highlights the importance of ongoing maintenance for your Google My Business profile to improve your practice’s presence, boost engagement, and stay ahead of ever-evolving local SEO trends.
Contact us for help with claiming and optimizing your Google My Business profile.
How Brands Are Using the New Clubhouse Social Media Platform
Clubhouse is an invite-only audio chat app that people are joining to connect over shared interests. Brands like Burger King are already exploring new ways to “engage with consumers and be part of the conversation without encroaching on privacy.”
This app could open new doors for fostering relationships with customers while learning what they want to see from your business. According to the co-founder of Markerly, Justin Kline, “ Since [Clubhouse] has the open, conversational feel, it is the next best thing to develop a more personal relationship that can’t necessarily be achieved on other social media platforms.”
As this app grows in popularity, our team will be on the lookout for ways to utilize the platform as an asset to our clients.
Contact us today for help with your social media strategy.
What’s Included in Your Local SEO COVID-19 Strategy?
Here are tips to keep in mind as you’re managing your local SEO strategy.
- Posting features related to health and safety can help your patients understand more about how you and your business are keeping them safe during their visits.
- Did you remember to mark your business as open after shutdowns ended? Also, update your hours if they’ve changes and notify your patient base of this.
- Add photos of staff following COVID protocols & using sterilization equipment. Photos signal to Google that your profile is healthy and active, and they are a great opportunity to show how your business has adjusted to support the needs of its patients/customers during this time.
- Don’t make people search through your website to find your COVID protocols page, add the link to your knowledge panel for a quick find!
- Do you offer online appointments/sessions? Let people know! It is a great way to offer flexibility to anyone who needs it.
Contact us today for help with your local SEO strategy.
Maximize Your Experience With Google Ads and Google Analytics
Make sure you’re getting the most out of your Google Ads experience by linking this account with your Google Analytics account. They work better together to improve your ad campaigns. By linking these accounts together, you can:
- Deliver more relevant ads to your audience and re-engage them based on actions they take on your website.
- See what happens on your website after customers click on your ads using reports that are only available when you link these accounts.
- Use machine learning in Google Analytics to focus on and reach your most valuable customers.
Contact us today for help with your PPC strategy.
5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Post to All Your Social Media at Once
When posting on your practice’s social media accounts, it’s important to consider the different audiences for each channel. Here’s why you shouldn’t post to every social media account at the same time:
- Audiences are active on different channels at different times.
- Demographics vary with each social media platform.
- Followers get tired of seeing the same posts on all channels.
- Each social media platform is formatted differently.
- Hashtag use varies from channel to channel.
By tailoring the day, time, and messaging of your posts, you’re more likely to engage with each channel’s particular audience. Contact us today for help with your social media strategy.
QR Codes Are Back!
As COVID is causing many businesses to keep customers safe by using QR codes to showcase a product, service more menu, we are seeing the same trend in the dental industry!
- Our team has been incorporating QR codes into our clients’ graphics, emails, and social media posts to provide one more opportunity to generate a conversion.
- While people are still comfortable clicking a direct link, our analytics has seen a 30% increase in QR code scans that result in a phone call or online appointment request.
It’s easy to create QR codes and many sites have free sign-up, customizable colors, and designs, including one of our favorites, QRCodeMonkey.
How to turn a negative review into a positive one
Every business, even the best, will receive bad reviews. Use these opportunities to demonstrate your business’ excellent customer service.
- Apologize – show you care about their experience and feedback.
- Stay Calm – don’t respond with negative emotions.
- Offer a solution to the problem.
- Offer to speak privately, perhaps via phone.
We’re happy to help you build a strong online reviews and reputation strategy – contact us today.
Claim and optimize your Google My Business profile
Claiming and optimizing your Google My Business (GMB) profile is one of the most valuable components of your Local SEO strategy, and it’s free! The more information you provide about your business on Google, the more likely you are to reach potential customers.
Read our blog for details on managing your GMB profile.
Videos perform better than images in Facebook Advertising
Our Digital Marketing Specialist team uncovered new findings that videos in Facebook Ads perform better overall compared to images. Here are some surprising statistics about videos over images in Facebook Ads:
- Videos get two times the engagement clicks.
- Videos increase conversions by 20-30 percent.
- Videos can boost click-through-rate by two to three times that of images.
Contact us today to ensure you’re getting the most out of your social media marketing channels.
Add a Live Chat Feature to Your Website
Live chat offers a convenient way for website visitors to interact with your practice in real-time. More than a call to action, a live website chat feature:
- Keeps potential patients engaged on your website.
- Helps facilitate the process of scheduling an appointment.
- Provides another opportunity for users to convert.
Read our blog for more information about adding a live chat feature to your website.
Reactivate Your Advertising Campaigns
When COVID-19 forced practices to temporarily close their doors, many dentists also reduced their pay-per-click marketing budgets. This lowered the cost per click and decreased the competition for dental keywords that patients searched for on Google. The practices that continued their PPC campaigns throughout this crisis obtained new patients at lower advertising costs. The higher rate of return continues today as the keyword competition is still low.
If you haven’t already, now is the time to contact us and revamp your Google Pay-Per-Click strategy.
Ideas For Increasing Engagement On Social Media
Our Digital Marketing Specialist team recommends connecting with your social media audiences in real and authentic ways. Here are just a few ways you can increase engagement on your social media:
- Share a personal story from you or a team member: “Why did you become a dentist?”
- Ask for opinions: Start a discussion with your audience.
- An introduction: Reintroduce yourself, your practice, or a new team member.
- Offer valuable tips and information: Build trust with your audience.
- A new product/service launch: Also great to announce an office reopening.
Boost Your Social Media Posts
The reach of organic content has declined by 34%. You must boost your Facebook posts to reach your followers and target audiences. We recommend boosting between two to four posts per month with a budget of $20 – $50 per boost depending on the size of your market.